Friday, February 1, 2019

My dear dog was stolen, murderd and eaten in Vietnam!


Here is the Youtube Video / Audio blog, podcast, about the topic, about losing my dear dog.  I tell in English (with a Finnish accent) about my feelings related to my dear Kito.  The same video is embedded below.








My dear Kito is gone!  My belowed family member was stolen, murdered, taken away, slaughtered, then sold on a market as dog meat, and finally eaten. What a humiliating end to our friendship!  What a terrifying experience to me.  The event has cast a big shadow over the New Year that started a month ago according to the Solar Calendar, and the Lunar New Year that we are about to celebrate in a few days now in the beginning of February 2019. Year of the dog (2018) will be replaced by the Year of the Pig.




We shared so many memories in Mekong Delta are, Southern Vietnam. We had many morning walks, botat trips, even a car trip together.  So hard to understand that just one action of a criminal has destroyed his life, someone killed him for less money than 10 US dollars. So unfair!




Last time we met in September 2018 when I was visiting the house of my in-laws.  I had left my dogs Kito and Mimi there when I moved to another place, to the highland area near Dalat, 1000 meters above the sea level, where the climate is cooler, more suitable for my health.




How deeply can we love our pets / companion animals.


In November 2017 another dog joined our family.  Mimi was adopted from the brother of my partner. He had taken the dog into his family with a small child.  After a few days he came into the conclusion that the dog and the child can't get along, so he asked if we would adopt the puppy.



Didn't take a long after they became good friend, the borthers Kito and Mimi.



Of course, Kito wanted to show Mimi, who is the dog boss of the family. They were playing, fighting, wrestling, running after each other but obviously enjoyed their life in the yard.



Most of the time they could walk and run free on the yard, but sometimes, when they were left home alone, or when I went somewhere and could not take them with me, they were locked into a big cage in the front yard. The palce was shady enough and protected from rainfall. They also could see to the road and they could see anyone coming to the house and moving on the yard. Next to the place were hammocks that the father and his friends were drinking tea and talking in the mornings.



Also the rest of the family was hanging around there when at home, and especially Kito liked to be there with people.



Mimi sometimes joined them, and wanted wrestle with Kito, play with him. Often he, however wanted spend time with me in the air/condioned room that I had built for myself.  It was too hot for me during the daytime to spend time in the front yard or other parts of the house, or the roads of the village. 

Like other dogs in the village, our dogs too did not go far away from home. If they went to the road, where the traffic consists almost entirely of motorbikes that are maintaining low speed, they usually just hang around in front of the gate or visit the neighbours's dogs.



I installed a dog door, a plastic flap system, so the dogs could come freely in and out of my air-conditioned room.  Kito usually visited shortly but Mimi was spending time in there.



Sometimes we had couchsurfers staying or visiting and the dogs could get extra cuddles.




I have grown up with the idea that dogs should be taken for a walk, they should be provided their adventures. So, I took them out either early morning or late night. Before Mimi came to us, I had ordered online two reflective vests. Now when Mimi came, he got the orange one, that was too small for Kito and Kito could wear his bright yellow one.



















































No comments:

Post a Comment