Sunday, October 23, 2022

October 2022 - sleep apnea, visa problems, audiblog from Southern Vietnam

 Audioblog entry as Youtube video using my photos from here in random order, not related to things currently said on audio track. 


We stand with Ukraine!   We are watching how "Ukraina tank car and tractor are chasing troublemaker and bad guy go away". 





 October 18th we had a roadtrip to Ho Chi Minh City, Saigon. I made this video on it. 


My son took a cat


We went for a bike ride to see something interesting



My son has two names that are both in use: one in English and the other in Vietnamese 





He turned 3 years old and I made a birthday video 



Our veryday life on October 19th 




On October 2nd we had an interesting bikeride 





In the beginning of the month I traveled to Saigon where my sleep was examined, half night as it was natural and rest of the night with a CPAP machine.  I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and treatment started immediately 


Our every day life on October 19th 













Several measuring devices were put on me during the night. As a nerd I found it quite interesting. 

I was given Philips respironics cpap for lease until I have bought my own.  


At first the mask was too big for my small nose area. 







I built a special sleeping cabinet with a separate airconditioner. 



Next to the pillow, thee is a special box built a little bit lower from it so the humidity of the pipe will not rain to my face. 

I hope this treatment will give me more energy to give positive experiences to my son. 



Luckily he has also his mother and grandmother to provide him exciting content to his life.  Here they are transporting some items by a traditional boat. 





My bl;ood pressure is getting better, also galstones do not bother me any more that much. Better sleep and early morning exercise with Qicong, Tai Chi, Nordic walking and some yoga poses will make me younger again!


On Facebook I wrote about identity documents verification required for my bank:

Commonwealth bank of Australia, identity check documents. How to do the check in Vn?
This is not about id verification when logging in but similar to the process that we do when opening an account or applying for credit card or other products.
I have spent a lot skype credit and time trying to get person to give me advice on their customer service. My netbank keeps notifying me about ID verification needed. My Aus passport exired in 11/2020 (I am here under my other citizenship passport).
Anyone experienced in doing that?
If not necessary I will renew my Aus passport before 11/2023


About the PAP device prices I wrote in Aussies in Vietnam group: 

Devices for sleep apnea treatment: CPAP, APAP. Has oneone brought it in to Vietnam from Australia or other countries? To avoid paying double prices in Vietnam, you probably need to carry it by yourself or get someone to carry for you?
The device that I have been recommended after a sleep analysis in Saigon clinic, Resmed Airsense 10 costs 43 million (over 2800 aud) here, In Australia 1815 AUD with wifi and network features disabled, in Finland between 700 and 800 eur (1000 to 1300 aud). Looks like same high prices in Asia Pacific countries?
Not much better deals for Philips respironics. I managed to buy a second hand Airsense 10 in Finland plus a new AirFit P30i Cushion nasal mask. I saved a lot of money so after getting the machine here carried by a friend, I can spend something on an e-bike conversion kit.

I am buying a refurbished second hand Airsense 10 with a new Airfit P30i Nasal cushion mask in Finland for about 1000 aud equiv in eur. Sold by a medical company after I presented medical certificate from a pulmonologist here in VN. My friend will carry it for me in November. Until that I am using a rented cpap. Getting better and better. The current machine does not have a heated tube, so condense water tends to rain on my nose at night. That problem will be fiexed with the new device that has a heated tube.







No comments:

Post a Comment